Monday 20 August 2012

 

Persuasive Writing in Room 4

Every time we write an argument we state our learning intention. We divide into groups according to our opinion or decision, if we agree or disagree. We enjoy sharing our ideas during our debate. Here are the examples of our written work.




Should Children Under 13 Be Allowed To Have Facebook?
By Isidora Lopez
We are learning to explain more details
in our paragraphs.

Should children under 13 have a face book page? Sometimes it’s dangerous to have a face book. Why? Because some bad persons might go on your friends’ account and say for example,  “meet me at the park”. When you get there someone can come up behind you and kidnap you.

On the other side it’s a good thing to have a face book because there are fun games and you can talk to your relatives and friends. You can use webcam and speak to them directly. You will to change your profile pictures, so that you can show your friends or family about your latest happenings.

Therefore, I reckon children should have face book because sometimes you can keep in touch with your friends and family that live in another country or city.  I feel happy that I can keep in touch with them. It is fun to swap photos and tell each other what we have been doing. I like having facebook.

Are We Becoming too Reliant
on Computers?
By Benzo
We are learning to use topic sentence
to focus on our paragraph.

It was a cold boring dark day I had nothing to do, nothing to play, watch or eat. I was only thinking are we becoming too reliant on computers?
I really didn’t now so I took a big black coat and ran to my friend’s house. I asked him and he said yes. He said we always use computers. We use it in every subjects like Math, RE, Story Writing, Spelling and Inquiry. We always use computers. It’s the easiest way to find information. 
I still didn’t know so I went to my old granddad’s house and he said, “No I never use computers. I read books and the newspaper. I don’t need computers. Books are more useful than computers.”
I think we are too reliant on computers we should all just read a book or ask persons if they know the information we need.

 





 

No comments:

Post a Comment