Sunday 11 November 2012

Keeping Ourselves Safe - Why should I tell?

This was our last session with Constable Kate. We had to work in pairs or three's and write down situations that may happen.
Here are a few of the issues:
- I'm walking down the road on my way to school and someone's following me.
- Someone asks me to give them my address.
- I'm on the internet and someone aasked me to show them a picture of myself.

These are a few scary instances of the many that could happen in our everyday life. We talked about the issues that came up and discussed ways to get help from people we could rely on.









Constable Kate discussed with us what we should do when these issues happen... WE SHOULD TELL someone we trust.









The second hands-on activity we had was on Getting Help-Te Whiwhi Awhina. The following were the questions asked about the picture we were given in each group:
What do you think is happening here?
What do you think the child or children should do?
Do you think they should report this incident? Why or why not?
Is there an adult that they can get help from straight away? If so,
who?
Who else might they get help and support from later on?
What could they do if the people they told didn't help?

























Constable Kate gave suggestions with our activities. She emphasized to keep on asking for help. If the first trusted adult was not able to help us then we hadto continue asking to help from another adult until something was done to help us.


We had such fruitful and relevant lessons with Constable Kate. Again thanks a lot Constable Kate!

No comments:

Post a Comment